What are the common sleep disorders and causes for sleeplessness?
Sleeplessness or no sleep is often caused by some of the sleep disorders, but this is not always necessary that you are obstructed with some disorders. You may be healthy and fit but still may face sleeplessness, often caused by your routine and lifestyle. An unmanaged lifestyle may influence your sleep and considerably reduce sleep. Let’s discuss both of them sleep disorders and routines that cause sleeplessness.
Sleep disorders commonly found are
This is one of the common sleep disorder, during insomnia person feel difficulty in falling asleep. They may wake up early from sleep and feel difficulty in getting back to sleep again. Insomnia is caused by stress or a traumatic event. Short-term (acute) insomnia lasts for days to weeks. Chronic insomnia may last for months or more. Insomnia damages energy and mood and impacts health, work performance, and quality of life. Lifestyle changes can help to overcome.
Causes for insomnia
- Workload or travel
- Poor sleeping habits
- Unmanaged eating habits
Narcolepsy is an acute chronic sleep disorder, people with this disorder often find it difficult to stay awake for a long time. They are suddenly attacked by sleep which affects discomforts in their lifestyle. . There is no cure for narcolepsy, but it can be controlled with meditation, lifestyle changes, and support from near and dear ones. The exact cause for narcolepsy is not known.
Sleep apnea is a disorder wherein a person repeatedly stops breathing and starts again. The person with sleep apnea snore loudly and feel tired even after awaking from a good sleep. Obstructive sleep apnea is caused when muscles in the back of the throat relax. Central sleep apnea is caused when the brain fails to send signals to breathing muscles.
How do sleep linked with Circadian rhythm?
Circadian rhythm is a natural process, internally it regulates sleep-wake cycle, this cycle repeats every 24 hours. If your eating habits are good then the Circadian rhythm is seen pretty consistent in adults. It means a consistent Circadian rhythm indicates that a person has a stable sleep and awake system.
Let’s see how to improve sleeplessness and sleep disorders
- Let your body practice good 8hours of sleep, go to bed as early as possible, and wake up early in the morning
- Practice yoga/exercise and meditation, this will help to keep you healthy and relaxed
- Schedule your time, time management is very important for a healthy life.
- Have a good well-scheduled diet, good eating habits help to keep you healthy and overcome sleep disorders
Practice 10-3-2-1 formulae for good sleep
- 10 (Before 10 hours of sleep) -Avoid coffee, caffeine stimulates the body to perform, which lasts more than hours. this deprives sleep. Thus avoid coffee, cold drinks, tea before 10 hours of sleep.
- 3 (Before 3 hours of sleep) – Take your food before 3 hours to sleep, this helps to avoid heartburns and other such issues, it will help you to get relaxed and ready for sleep. Do not consume alcohol in these 3 hours.
- 2 (Before 2 hours of sleep) – Close your work before 2 hours of sleep and get relaxed, no work in this 2 hours.
- 1 (Before 1 hour of sleep) – Switch off your mobiles, all your screens like a laptop, computer, television, etc., and led lights before 1 hour of sleep. The lights from them cause damage to the eyes and skin. This is the most common cause of sleep deprivation.
Practicing 10 3 2 1 formulae will surely help you to overcome sleeplessness